An 11-year-old boy bent down to wash his hands in China’s Laozhoulin River and discovered a 3,000-year-old bronze sword from either the Shang or Zhou dynasty. Source
TIL, In 2007 Comcast installed software/equipment on its networks to selectively interfere with customers’ TCP/IP connections which throttled upstream p2p bandwidth
TIL 40% to 50% of the genetic information found in your GI tract does not match anything that’s ever been classified before—not plant, animal, fungus, virus, or bacteria. We have no clue what it is. Biologists call it “biological dark matter.”
do you ever just sit there listening to music
and you just
imagine scenes that just flow with the song
like they have literally nothing to do with the song and are completely without context
but they just
OH GOOD I’M NOT ALONE.
I MAKE LITTLE FAN VIDEOS IN MY HEAD
A restaurant owner shared a photo of a receipt showing a $0.20 tip from running back LeSean McCoy, claiming he was “abusive” to the staff. In response, actor Charlie Sheen offered to give $1,000 to the waiter. Source
Now You Know (Source)
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
Yeah but have you seen this
YEAH! THEY ALSO PLAY FOR NO EVIDENT REASON OTHER THAN FUN AND THEY LOVE THE SNOW!
Crows are seriously the coolest birbs ever.